the fragility of winter, that echoes the promises of spring

the fragility of winter, that echoes the promises of spring
In the end, like so many beautiful promises in our lives, our date with destiny never came to be

Monday, August 6, 2007

the broken-down silence

its been a long while, since i felt that simple pleasures of joy, relief and calmness within me. it's been a long awaited talk between me and her. It seems that my persistence and sincerity had melted the iceberg and given her the opportunity to pour out her feelings and the tough moments that she had to endure through in the last few months. It had been a eventful period of unfortunate happenings for her and it was clear that it had not been any easier for her as it had been for me. That tender vulnerability of her soul had severed from the tough facade of strength as that erupting bottleneck of confused and tender emotions were slowly revealed.

Having tried her best to make a point not to hurt me any further, she had taken the destructive path of keeping her true feelings from me, and yet, as i know, in the end, it had and was to be only me who could deep down, understand and appreciate what she had gone through. In every right, she was as lonesome a traveller as i was. That illusionary circle of protection and refuge that encapsulated her was not to be the saving grace, and unfortunately at the darkest of her moments, she stood alone, helpless like a little child cooped in a lion's den. Like me, it has been a tough phrase in her life, thrown into the chilly waters of the arctic ocean with no more than a winter coat, the harsh coldness sending surges of frozen spikes down that tormented spine, numbing all our thoughts and visions of the future, blinding us instantly.

and now, as my eyes grow accustomed to the pit darkness at the bottom of that treacherous well, i would offer my hand, to accompany her and move forward hand-in-hand, to lead both her and me, out of that darkness, to the end of the tunnel, that concealed entrance of a new beginning, shyly lit only by the faintest of lights, the promises of renaissance.

No comments: