the fragility of winter, that echoes the promises of spring

the fragility of winter, that echoes the promises of spring
In the end, like so many beautiful promises in our lives, our date with destiny never came to be

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Awakening of a new dawn

Having had dwelled in the shadows of the day for the last couple of months,
lingering in the cold embrace of solitude,
that carries the familiar whispers of self-pity,
the timely awakening of the self was much welcomed.

Having been jobless and idling for the last couple of months, it has finally dawned upon me to take the responsibility of looking for a job seriously. Being unable to perk myself up to pursue the next phrase of my career, i had been half-hearted in my job-hunting efforts. Nevertheless, i witnessed countless heart-felt support from my friends and close ones in these shallow times. Seems like it is time to finally get up on my feet and start treating myself right, to gain back the respect and repay the faith that my close advocates had bestowed upon me.

Having resented the idea of going back into the sales line despite the many consensus that i should stick to it, i had somewhat found that glowing path in the middle of the forest, lighting up to me, guiding me like the soft hands of a mother's clinging onto her precious child. I had finally decided that i should do what i am good at, and that is to pursue the next phrase of my career in sales.

Having screened through the endless sales job opportunities out in the market (some genuine, some fake), i had just finished selecting a handful and submitted my resume accordingly. Mundane tasks like this always takes up far too much effort and unknowingly, the sleepy bugs had made their way up, forcefully stamping on my tired eyelids, as i eventually succumb to its relentless attacks, drifting into the night, keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that i might get lucky and back to work soon.

bonne nuit, bonne chance

No comments: