the fragility of winter, that echoes the promises of spring

the fragility of winter, that echoes the promises of spring
In the end, like so many beautiful promises in our lives, our date with destiny never came to be

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

If there is a thing that i miss having,
a thing that is still within the depths of my reach,
it would be that short winter trip to Melbourne.

It was my first visit to that place,
my first trip since the day the heavens fell,
since i helplessly sunk into the pits of darkness,
to the hollow depths of emptiness,
to a place that i never knew existed.

well, melbourne was to be a much-timed retreat...
to break away from the monotony of my life,
to brush away the winter of my life,
and to embrace the break of spring,
the season of dreams,
hopes,
joy,
and renaissance.

The irony of life,
to search for the end of my winter in the winter,
and yet there i was,
in the winter of Melbourne,
ravishing every moment of my stay,
enjoying the embrace of the chilling gushes of winter winds,
that whispers the promises of spring.
the sights of wonders that were made to stay,
throughout the seasons, throughout the years.
the simple pleasures i once embraced,
with my sister and a brother who is here to stay.

If only time stood still,
i would have loved to stay,
till the break of spring,
as the winter fades

No comments: